If you have a heart to see others commune with the Lord in worship, if you love to proclaim the Good News of Jesus Christ through music, if you are a worshiper and feel called to serve in the worship and music ministry, and if you can sing or play an instrument, then the Worship and Music ministry is for you! Not only do we worship God here, but the worship and music ministry also provides a place to enjoy meaningful relationships with a family of believers and to experience the joy of seeing God work in and through us to accomplish great things for His Kingdom.
Our Philosophy of Worship
- Worship Glorifies God - Praising God is the focus and goal of our lives. Our worship of God is in response and in joyful celebration of who He is and what He has done.
- Worship Is Regulated by God's Word - Scripture provides for us God's revelation, the fuel that drives our worship and it also allows us to worship God in Truth. The songs we sing to the Lord must be consistent with the truth found in His Word.
- Worship Is Edifying - Worship is beneficial for the building up of the Body of Christ and for promoting unity in the Church. Even though worship glorifies God, it is also designed to encourage and teach each other in the Lord.
- Worship Is Participatory - Worshiping God is not a spectator sport. The Bible commands us to worship the Lord. The Worship and Music Ministry strives to allow the congregation of EMC as many opportunities as possible to meet with God and worship Him through songs, prayer, and the reading and preaching of God's Word. We also want to create an atmosphere where people can use their gifts and talents from the Lord to glorify Him, lead the congregation in worship, and build up the Body of Christ at EMC.
- Worship is Diverse – Here at EMC we seek to provide a family-style atmosphere of worship on Sunday mornings. This means that we use a variety of styles and forms in our worship service. Some might call it “blended” but we like to use the term “family-style” because rather than throwing everything in a blender and getting the same flavor and texture throughout, there is a diversity of styles and musical genres that we incorporate as we worship God together as a family. Through the singing of psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs we can worship the God of the Ages in traditional as well as creative and new ways.
How to Get Involved
- The Worship Choir - The Worship Choir leads in worship each Sunday. Join us for rehearsals on Wednesdays in the choir room at 6:45pm to find out how Wednesday can become the highlight of your week. Childcare is provided during rehearsals and no audition is required to begin attending.
- The Worship Team – The Worship Team leads in worship each Sunday and consists of instruments such as guitars, piano/keyboard, drums, etc., as well as voices. If you are interested in joining the worship team please contact Pastor Jeff Wortman.
- Coming Soon! Instrument Ensemble – Do you play an orchestral or band instrument? EMC is looking to start an instrument ensemble to augment the Worship Team and Worship Choir. Contact Pastor Jeff Wortman if you would like to join.
Please join us here at EMC in worshiping the Lord with one voice, singing and making melody in your hearts to the Lord!