The KidZone ministry at EMC is dedicated to leading children to Jesus from birth through fifth grade. Our desire is to love, support, train, teach, and lead children and their families into a strong, healthy, thriving, lifelong, and godly relationship with Jesus Christ.
Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him. (Psalm 127:3)
Children's ministry at EMC is about relationships among children, parents, families within the church and throughout the community, and, most importantly, with our Lord Jesus Christ. Our leaders talk about, read about, and sing about God and His word. We consistently pray for our children, our families, and our community. The KidZone is a safe place of acceptance, encouragement, expectations, and love. We strive to encourage children into a lifelong lifestyle of worship with Jesus Christ by building relationships with the people of our church family and pouring it out into our community.
As a matter of priority, our KidZone leaders eagerly strive to serve as godly, holy examples, prayer partners, encouragers, and mentors to the children and parents who attend EMC. We seek opportunities for our children to serve the Lord and to minister to others and highly encourage families to worship together as part of the whole congregation.
There are many opportunities - both year-round and seasonal - to participate in this ministry by serving (teaching, leading, helping), giving (monetary), and praying:
- Nursery (for children up to age 2): Love and care for babies on Sunday mornings, Wednesday nights, and for various special occasions.
- Team Leaders: Help provide leadership, organization, and vision for all KidZone Sunday and Wednesday ministries.
- Sunday School (for various age groups): Disciple children by teaching them God's word on Sunday mornings from 9-10:00 am.
- Children's Church (for children in 3rd grade and under): Lead children into a deeper relationship with God on Sunday mornings from roughly 10:45-11:30 am.
- Midweek Worship (for children up to 5th grade): Lead, teach, worship, and play together on Wednesday evenings from 6:45-8:00 pm.
- Vacation Bible School (for children up to 5th grade): Have a blast for three straight days in the summer, with a wide variety of ways to get involved.
Your involvement will help our children learn more about God and his word, but the KidZone ministry is about more than gaining head knowledge. We offer spiritual training that focuses on changed hearts, building healthy relationships, and practicing what we have learned.