As members of the Evangelical Methodist Church, our beliefs and statement of faith are derived from our parent denomination. To learn more about the Evangelical Methodist Church International, visit www.emchurch.org.
The Word of God | We accept and believe the Bible is inspired Word of God. We receive it, as the revealed will and way of God for our daily life.
The Trinity | We believe in the Godhead, the Holy Trinity, in which there are three Persons of one substance, power, and eternity – the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
The Father | We believe in God the Father Almighty, revealed to mankind as an awesome God of Grace, love, might, mercy, justice and holiness.
Jesus Christ | We believe in Jesus Christ, who is both God and man; His virgin birth, His sinless life, His substitutionary and redeeming death, and His physical resurrection.
The Holy Spirit | We believe in the Holy Spirit who ministers the Word of God, reveals Jesus to Christians and empowers them to serve God.
Regeneration | We believe each person must acknowledge the Lordship of Jesus Christ and be born again before he/she is a true Christian.
Sanctification | We believe in entire sanctification following regeneration, whereby the believer is cleansed from the pollution of sin, saved from its power, and enabled through grace, to love God with all his/her heart.
A Holy Life | We believe that every Christian is expected to live a holy life, one that is truly Christian.
Sacraments | We believe in two sacraments, Baptism and Holy Communion. The mode of baptism is left to the conscience of the individual.
Resurrection | We believe in the resurrection of all men to be judged and receive their due rewards; eternal life for the redeemed and eternal punishment for the unbelievers.
The Church | We believe in the local and universal church, which is the body of Christ on earth.
The Lord’s Return | We believe in the blessed hope, the impending, literal return of Jesus Christ to receive His church unto Himself.
Statement of Faith
(1) We believe in the one true and living God, the Creator, Redeemer, Sustainer, and Ruler of all things. He is infinite, eternal, unchangeable, and is revealed to us as the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
(2) We believe that all Scripture is given by inspiration of God. (2 Timothy 3:16)
(3) We believe that salvation is the gift of God’s grace. It cannot be gained or made more secure by good works, but is freely bestowed upon all who put their faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ at Calvary. (John 1:12; Acts 16:30-33; Romans 10:9-10)
(4) We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scripture and that all who believe on Him are redeemed by His shed blood. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord and in His ascension into Heaven; He is our High Priest and Advocate. (John 1:1-3; 14; 3:1-7, 16; Hebrews 10:4-14; 1 John 2:2)
(5) We believe that until the return of Christ, it is the Christian’s duty and privilege to seek the fulfillment of Christ’s Great Commission and to minister in His name to a needy world. We are to be instruments of Jesus Christ as the Holy Spirit ministers redemption and reconciliation in the world. (Matthew 25:31-46; 28:18-20)
(6) We believe that Satan is a real being, the author of sin and the reason for the fall of man, and is destined to the judgment of eternal punishment in the lake of fire. (Matthew 4:13; Acts 5:3; Revelation 20:10)